As salamu aleycum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu 🙂
Gulab Jamun is a popular dessert in countries of the Indian Subcontinent such as India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bangladesh.
Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 250gms
Bombay Rawa or Sooji – 100gms
Khoya/Mava – 250gm (If you are not a desi google it)
Baking Powder – a pinch
Cardamom powder – of 5 Cardamoms
Sugar – 350gms
Water- 1/2 cup for the dough and 1 1/2 glass for the syrup
Milk – 1/2 cup
- Make the sheraa or syrup of one string consistency by cooking 1 and a half glass water,Half the amount of cardamom powder and 350gms sugar. Keep it aside.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients softly except ghee. Care should be taken to not add too much pressure on the dough.
- Make round balls and deep fry in ghee on the minimal flame till golden brown.
- When done add in the syrup and keep them aside for 4 hrs.
- Tastes best When served warm and not cold. So serving Gulab jamun after refrigerating wouldn’t taste the best – microwave them for 30 secs before you serve. 🙂
You can garnish them with finely cut pista/pistachios and silver foil (varka in hindi).
Enjoy and do give me a feedback!
Fe aman Allah