- Boneless Chicken – 500gms
- Curds – 1 cup
- Ginger and Garlic Paste – 1tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1tsp
- Oil for frying – 1/2 Cup
- Tomato puree – 1 Cup
- Red Chilli Sauce – 2tsp
- Soya Sauce – 2tsp
- Salt – 1tsp
- Onion Seeds (Kalongi) – 1tsp
- Cumin Seeds (Zeera) – 1tsp
- Coriander Seeds (Dhaniya) – 1tsp
- Fennel Seeds (Saunf) – 1tsp
- Mustard Seeds(Meethi) – 1tsp
- Slit Green Chillies – 10
- Curry Leaves – 8 to 10 leaves
- Marinate Chicken with curds,ginger and garlic paste,chilly powder,soya sauce,red chilli sauce and salt for 1 hour.
- Heat oil – add the marinated mixture – cook till oil separates – add tomato puree and cook further for 5 – 10 mins.
- Prepare Tempering – Coarsely grind all the seeds – heat 1tbsp oil – add coarsely grounded seeds,curry leaves and slit green chillies (donot let it burn!!) cook for 1 min.
- Add the tempering to the chicken, shut the lid,cook on sim for more 5 mins.
- Serve with onion rings and lime.
- Tastes best with Butter Naan.
NOTE : You can alternately use the same recipe with beef/mutton – you will have to marinade it for a longer time and cook well – personally im biased towards chicken and i think this particular recipe tastes best when cooked with chicken!