- Why should you know Allah?? Because when you know Allah you will love him and it is impossible for anyone in the world to know Allah and to not end up loving him. Personally knowing Allah better has increased my Khushoo (Concentration during Salaah).
- When you truly understand the might and status of Allah you will accept whatever is decreed upon you, that’s one thing you will end up strengthening after knowing who Allah is and accepting Qadr of Allah will follow with ease.
1. It’s fajr time you don’t need anyone to wake you up you are excited.
2. Allah chose such and such as your parents – Alhumdulillah.
3. Allah chose this to be your name – Alhumdulillah.
- When you love Allah You surrender to all his commands “samiAAna waataAAna- we hear and we obey.” (Surah Al-Baqara 2 : Verse 285)
4. If you are a victim of inappropriate love get a substitute and what better substitute than Allah azza wajal himself!
5. A Beautiful Arabic Statement – “Eeza araftal aamir sahulat al awamir – if you know the one giving you orders,following them and obeying them becomes easy.”
6. When you love Allah you will step away from anything and everything that makes HIM angry. If you make a mistake you will rush back to Allah and repent for what you have done.
7. Attitude of believers – Believers don’t look at the size of their sins, they dont see whether its big or small. They look “WHO” they are sinning against 🙂 #change perspective.
The Prophet salallahu aleyhi wasallam as recorded by Bukhari in his Sahih: 1. Said Anas, may Allah be pleased with him (to one of the followers): “You imagine certain sins to be more insignificant than a straw. But, at the time of the Prophet we used to count them among those that can destroy a man.” 2. Ibn Mas’ud says: “A believer treats a sin as if it is a mountain over his head that may fall on him any moment. Whereas a regular violator looks at them as a fly that perked on his nose and he waived it away with his hand.”
8. Reflect on the story of Abdullah bin Hudhafah – Watch the video here.
Abdullah ibn Hudhafah eventually came to Umar ibn al-Khattab and told him what had happened. Umar was greatly pleased and when he looked at the prisoners he said, Every Muslim has a duty to kiss the head of Abdullah ibn Khudhafah and I shall start. Umar then got up and kissed the head of Abdullah ibn Hudhafah.
9. Reflect on the story of Al-Khansa (Tamadur bint Amr ibn Shareed). She cried bitterly for her brother on his death before Islam though after accepting Islam when she loved Allah more than anything or anyone else her reaction was totally different to the martydom of her 4 beloved sons. Read more about Al-Khansa here
10. May Allah allow us to be sincere inshaAllah and allow us to know Him in the way He appreciates us and is pleased with us – Ameen ya rabbul alameen. 🙂
11. Knowledge TitBit – When you make dua you dont say inshaAllah and then ameen, make your dua sincere,certain and firm. Follow your every dua with an ameen and not an inshaAllah.
12. Rasool Allah salallahu aleyhi wasallam once took the podium and said “Wama Qadarullaha Haqqa Qadrihi,Wama Qadarullaha Haqqa Qadrihi – And they dint give Allah the value which He deserves”. (Surah Az-Zumar 36: Verse 67)
13. Abdullah ibn Umar narrates when Prophet salallahu aleyhi wasallam was done with his speech the podium shook so much that the sahabas thought it was going to collapse – If the wood shook then shouldnt our hearts be shaking?
14. The 3 levels of Islam are – Islam, Iman and I’hsaan.
I’hsaan – He salallahu aleyhi wasallam said: It is to worship Allah as if you are seeing him, and while you see Him not yet truly He sees you.
15. Prophet sallahu aleyhi wasallam said: ‘To Allah belongs 99 names, 100 minus 1, anyone who AHSAHA (memorizes) them will enter Paradise; He (Allah) is odd (odd number, he is the Only One), and He loves odd numbers (such as 99)’
Abu Hurayrah radi Allahu anhu reported that the Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam said, Allah has ninty-nine names, one hundred less one. Whoever ‘ahsaaha‘ will enter Jannah.
[Bukhari and Muslim]
16. Ahsaha has a deeper meaning than just memorization – it has 5 aspects to its meaning
a) Memorize it.
b) Understand and acknowledge it.
c) Ask Allah with these names.
d) Praise Allah with these names.
e) Believe with certainty that they are Allah’s names.
17. From al-Harith ibn Malik al-Ansari (some chains have: al-Haritha ibn al-Na`man al-Ansari): He passed by the Prophet who asked him: “How are you this morning O Haritha [sic]?” He replied: “This morning I am a real believer.” The Prophet said: “Take care of what you say: what is the reality of your belief?” He said: “I have turned myself away from this world by keeping awake at night and by keeping myself thirsty by day; and I can almost see the Throne of my Lord in full sight; and I can see the people of the Garden of Paradise visiting each other; and I can almost see the people of the Fire wailing to each other in it.” The Prophet said: “O Haritha, you do know: therefore cleave to it.” Some versions add: “This is a believer, Allah has illumined his heart” (mu’minun nawwara Allahu qalbah).
18. At the end of the conversation Al-Haritha asked rasool Allah sallallahu aleyhi wasallam to make dua for him that he dies in the path of Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala so prophet made dua for him. As a consequence of Rasool Allah’s dua Al-Haritha was the first one to ride the horse for jihad and the first one to die shaheed! 🙂 ♥
19. Mother of Haritha radiallahu anhu after his death
Narrated Anas: Um (the mother of) Haritha came to Allah’s Apostle after Haritha had been martyred on the Day (of the battle) of Badr by an arrow thrown by an unknown person. She said, “O Allah’s Apostle! You know the position of Haritha in my heart (i.e. how dear to me he was), so if he is in Paradise, I will not weep for him, or otherwise, you will see what I will do.” The Prophet said, “Are you mad? Is there only one Paradise? There are many Paradises, and he is in the highest Paradise of Firdaus.” The Prophet added, “A forenoon journey or an after noon journey in Allah’s Cause is better than the whole world and whatever is in it; and a place equal to an arrow bow of anyone of you, or a place equal to a foot in Paradise is better than the whole world and whatever is in it; and if one of the women of Paradise looked at the earth, she would fill the whole space between them (the earth and the heaven) with light, and would fill whatever is in between them, with perfume, and the veil of her face is better than the whole world and whatever is in it.” Dawud :: Book 14 : Hadith 2482
20. There are two ways to know Allah
a) Through revelation (Qur’an and Sunnah)
b) And through creation.
First verse in the Qur’an – Bismillah – in the NAME of Allah
First Verse to be revealed – Iqra bismika – bismika – in the Name of your lord.
Greatest Verse in the Qur’an – Ayatul Kursi – It has so many names of Allah in it.
21. Reflect on Surah Al – Ikhlas, specially on the name of Allah – As-Samad “Self-sufficient or (a longer version) The one who doesnt need anyone but everyone needs him” – SubhanAllah 🙂
22. And to Allah belongs the Most Beautiful Names, so call on Him by them. (Surah Al-A’raf 7: Verse 180)
23. Sometimes in the blessed Qur’an Allah gives us a large verse to make us understand 2 names – example : “Allah is Azeezun Hakeem”
24. The other way to know Allah as we mentioned earlier is ~through creation~ Check out the video of PART 2 from 14:17 to 16:50 and reflect upon the creation of Allah and how every single thing on this earth is a loud manifestation of Allah’s might and power – SubhanAllah 🙂 that does make you proud that you are an Amatullah or Abd’Allah 😎
25. Now inshaAllah although your name is not AbdulAziz you are going to walk around strutting with honor saying “I am Abdul Aziz and I am proud! ♥ – Slave of the Almighty”. When you prostrate to Allah and put the most honorable part of your body your face your forehead on the ground you will feel proud – bi’ithnillah.
26. Few details on the technicalities – Tawfiqiya.
1st technicality -Allah’s names are derived from Qur’an and Sunnah we don’t leave it on our mind to decide.
2nd technicality – There are 3 pillars of emaan towards Allah’s names
a) Believing His Name is the name.
b) You believe in the meaning of the name.
c) You believe that name has its effects.
3rd technicality – We can call people with some of Allah’s names (example – This guy is kareem – He is raheem but we cannot attribute the name Rahman – even though its not ar-rahman). So we believe there are some names that humans have and Allah also has but of course the levels are different –
Example from Blessed Qur’an (Surah Al-Insan 76: Verse 2). Though we cant say our hearing is similar to Allah’s hearing.
Narrated Ibn Mas’ud [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him] reported that the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said, “If any servant of Allah afflicted with distress or grief makes this supplication, his supplication will be accepted: Allahumma inni ‘abduka, ibnu ‘abdika, ibnu amatika, nasiyatee biyadika, madin fiyya hukmuka, adlun fiyya qada’uka, as’aluka bikulli ismin huwa laka, sammaita bihi nafsaka, aw anzaltahu fee
kitabika, aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika, awista’tharta bihi fee ‘ilmil ghaibi indaka, an taj’alal Qurana rabee’a qalbi, wa nura sadri, wa jala’a
huzni, wa dhababa hammi'(O Allah, I am Your servant, son of Your servant, son of your maidservant. My fate (Arabic:Nasiyah, forelock/forehead)] is in Your hands. Your Judgment on me has already passed, and Your ordainment for me is just. I ask You by every name of Yours with which You have named Yourself, or revealed it in Your book, or taught it to any of Your slaves, or which You have chosen to keep in the knowledge of the unseen with You, to
make the Qur’an the spring of my heart, the light of my chest, and the removal of my sadness and the departure of my worries.)” A supplication in these words will be answered. Allah will remove one’s affliction and replace
it with joy and happiness.The companions [Radi Allahu anhuma : May Allah be pleased with them] asked: O Allah’s Messenger! Shouldn’t we learn (memorize) this supplication (dua’)? Allah’s Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said: Why not, Every listener should learn (memorize)[this dua (supplication)].
(Reported by Ahmad and Ibn Hibban)
27. What is the greatest verse in the Quran? Ayatul Kursi – it is divided into 10 parts
1. Allahu la ilaha illahuwa -There is no diety of worship except Allah
2. alhayyu alqayyoomu – the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence.
When rasool Allah sallallahu alyehi wasallam died Abu Baker radiAllahu anhu stood up and said, “Whoever worshipped Muhammad, Muhammad is dead and he who used to worship Allah, Allah is alive and he will not die..And Muhammad is no more than a messenger; the messengers have already passed away before him; if then he dies or is killed will you turn back upon your heels? And whoever turns back upon his heels, he will by no means do harm to Allah in the least and Allah will reward the grateful [3:144]”
3. la ta/khuthuhusinatun wala nawmun – Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep.
4. lahu ma fee assamawatiwama fee al-ardi – To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth.
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “The universe compared to Allah’s kursi (footrest) is like a ring in a desert. And Allah’s kursi compared to His ursh (throne) is like a ring in a desert.” [Ibn Hibban, Ibn Abi Hatim]
The size of our planet earth compared to the size of the universe is like a grain of sand compared to the size of the earth. Now read again how the size of the universe compares to Allah’s kursi and His ursh!
5. man tha allatheeyashfaAAu AAindahu illa bi-ithnihi – Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission?
Rasool Allah sallahu aleyhi wasallam will try to intercede for us on the day of judgement but he cannot do so until Allah permits him.
6. yaAAlamu mabayna aydeehim wama khalfahum – He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them,
Allah knows everything! Allah knows whats in your mind and whats in your heart – he is all Baseer (The all seeing), Al-’Aleem (the All-Knowing) and al-Khabeer (the All-Aware)
7. yaAAlamu mabayna aydeehim wama khalfahum wala yuheetoonabishay-in min AAilmihi illa bima shaa and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills.
Therefore we know only 99 names we don’t know more than that
8. wasiAAa kursiyyuhu assamawati wal-arda – His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth
9. wala yaooduhu hifthuhuma – and their preservation tires Him not.
10. wahuwa alAAaliyyu alAAatheem – And He is the Most High, the Most Great.