- Salaf – The one who has memorized the Qur’an more and acted upon it more is better, than the one who has memorized Qur’an less and acted upon it less.
- Narrated `Uthman radiallahu anhu :The Prophet (salallahu aleyhi wasallam) said, “The best among you (Muslims) are those who learn the Qur’an and teach it.”[Bukhari]
- Gadgets and technology are good but one needs to have personal attachment,love and respect for her own mushaf. The barakah that your mushaf brings is unparalleled with the technology.
- Allah does not want you to lose the physical relationship with your mushaf or qur’an – after becoming a hafidh you need to take this relationship to a higher level.
- Beginning matters – memorize properly with tajweed in the beginning. Memorize at a slow pace – changing your style after the completing the hifdh of qur’an is difficult.
- Avoid Music – Abdullah Ibn Masud radiallahu anhu, a companion of the Prophet salallahu aleyhi wasallam said, “The love of the Quran and the love of music cannot combine in the heart of a believer.”
- Revise-Revise-Revise! As if you are reciting in the taraweeh. Memorizing is not a challenge – keeping it memorized is the challenge. Narrated Ibn `Umar radiallahu anhu: Allah’s Messenger (salallahu aleyhi wasallam) said, “The example of the person who knows the Qur’an by heart is like the owner of tied camels. If he keeps them tied, he will control them, but if he releases them, they will run away.”[Bukhari]
- Joy is beyond explanation – Of knowing the entire qur’an byheart. Of reciting it whenever you want without having to cross-check it.
- Productivity – Set a goal,DATE IT and be consistent with it.
- Read it where ever you are – Even when you are in the car – LOL!
- Get a learned Teacher – Someone who’s been there done that. For guidance, support and motivation. Tips and tricks you would not have known otherwise.
- Always listen to the advice of your teachers.
- Why memorize the qur’an? Because qur’an becomes so much more enjoyable – HAQQ!! ❤ ❤
- Its interesting – It engages the body and soul. You need a teacher, qur’an memorization is not like riding a bike! Qur’an comes with the “talaqqi” – you receive it from somebody. It was from the very beginning received from somebody.
Wa-innaka latulaqqa alqur-anamin ladun hakeemin AAaleem,
And indeed, [O Muhammad], you receive the Qur’an from one Wise and Knowing.
[Surat An Naml 27:Verse 6]
- Clarify your intention – Abdullah ibn Abbas radiallahu anhu said “the portion of the qur’an that a person has truly memorized is the portion he or she has memorized for the sake of Allah”. SOLELY FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH ❤
Dont memorize for
b) Family Tradition or any other reason.
- Its all about respect – Show respect to knowledge and the sources of that knowledge. Greatest source of knowledge for us is OUR TEACHER 🙂 🙂 🙂
- Never accept loss – Try as long as you have soul in your body.
- Allah will reward you for your struggle – You will be guided, the path will be made easy – bi’ithnillah.
Wallatheena jahadoofeena lanahdiyannahum subulana
And those who strive for Us – We will surely guide them to Our ways.
[Surat Al Ankabut 29 : Verse 69]
- Look and read! (SubhanAllah personal reflection – this seriously helps a lot in memorization – you can literally see qur’an infront of your eyes when you recite). Spend majority of the time looking and reading it.
ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU ARE MEMORIZING THE BOOK OF ALLAH FOR ALLAH
- Those who make attempt yet fail (meaning they die before completing the memorization) will be resurrected amongst the huffadh on the day of judgement.